We’re often asked the question, “What is the best air conditioning unit for Phoenix, Arizona home owners?” With the different manufacturers, sizes, shapes, styles, and models of cooling systems made today, it’s easy to understand why this question doesn’t have a simple answer.
However, the search for that best air conditioning unit for your home is simplified when you streamline the field to the top units for our homes here in the Valley of the Sun.
Here are our top picks for the best air conditioning unit brands that will always keep your home comfortably cool–without busting your budget.
Lennox HVAC Systems
Let’s start off with Lennox HVAC Systems. Since Dave Lennox introduced his first cooling system in the early 20th century, the company has continued to be pioneers in innovation and comfort system engineering.
Lennox is a manufacturer of premium, highly reliable and dependable cooling units that are very common in Arizona homes.
Their diversity in sizes, styles, and applications ensures that you can find a Lennox air conditioning unit that is perfect for your specific needs.
Regardless of the size or complexity of your home, there is a highly efficient Lennox solution available.
Customers like the Lennox brand because:
- Their products receive high reviews from consumers.
- They like the choice of Energy Star-qualified products that Lennox manufactures.
- They appreciate the proven durability and quality of the manufacturing of Lennox units.
Many of the staff have also chosen the Lennox System for their own home HVAC replacements.
Trane HVAC Systems
For more than 100 years, even during extreme heat, Trane HVAC units have kept homes in the Southwestern United States comfortable.
Back in the early 1940s when Las Vegas was coming into its early growth cycle, Trane units were frequently installed in some of the most legendary casinos.
However, Trane units are especially great at handling the extreme heat and high winds we get here in Phoenix.
Also, most independent review companies regard Trane as being one of the best central air conditioners available today.
If you’re looking for dependability and efficiency, Trane cooling units make an outstanding choice.
Customers like the Trane brand because:
- Trane units are efficient, durable, and corrosion-resistant.
- Their expertise in manufacturing units with variable-speed airflow is hard to match.
- Their innovative technology in the HVAC industry makes them an industry leader.
Bryant HVAC Systems
Another leading manufacturer that supplies Arizona homes with comfortable, cool air around the clock is Bryant HVAC systems.
Bryant specializes in manufacturing central air and heat pump units that can withstand the extreme temperatures we often get for more than half of the year.
These systems are especially good at saving energy as each Bryant unit is engineered to surpass Energy Star® ratings.
It’s their dedication to manufacturing superior products with a focus on energy efficiency that makes Bryant one of the better air conditioning brands today.
Customers like the Bryant brand because:
- They include up to 21 SEER performance rating on units.
- They have a relatively low sound output.
- Their units have many design features that protect against the elements.
Mitsubishi Electric HVAC Systems
Since 1980, Mitsubishi Electric Heating & Cooling has been ahead of the curve with innovative, energy efficient cooling and heating products, most recently with VRF (variable refrigerant flow) and ductless systems to heat and cool homes and commercial buildings.
With cutting-edge technology like Zoned Comfort Solutions®, families can control the comfort of individual spaces or multi-zone areas of the home with ease from wall-mounted thermostats, smartphones, or tablets.
Cooling and heat distribution can be done with quiet, low profile products like horizontal ducts, wall mounted units, recessed ceiling cassettes, and more.
Customers can save money by cranking up the AC in only those areas of the home they are using during hot Phoenix summers.
Customers like the Mitsubishi Electric brand because:
- Their products have received sustainability awards for energy efficiency.
- Homeowners like the innovative, discreet options to cool and heat the home.
- Their Zoned Comfort Solutions® give residents the ability to control from one to eight zones within the home from one outdoor unit.
Things to Consider When Choosing the Best Phoenix AC Unit
Before deciding on a new unit, do your research so you understand the quality of the brands you are considering, the cost, and the setup you want for your home.
Be sure you’re working with a trusted HVAC company that will offer multiple options, and review the pros and cons of each unit for your home. You should always feel confident in a purchase like this, because it’s an expensive investment and its part of your home safety.
Some questions you will want to consider and also ask them about when you are requesting a replacement quote:
- What size unit will I need?
- Were there any heating or cooling problems with the old unit, like hot or cold spots, that need to be addressed with a new unit?
- If choosing a system for a new build, do I want a ducted or ductless system?
- Which HVAC system will be most energy efficient?
- What type of system will be most effective in cooling my home during those blazing hot summer months?
- Do I want to be able to set different temperatures in different areas of my home?
A reputable HVAC company in Phoenix can help you explore all of your options so you can make the best decision on this investment given your home’s requirements, your personal preferences, and your budget.
Now that we have our list of leading manufacturers of the best air conditioning units for Phoenix, Arizona homes, the trick will be selecting the right one for your situation.
This is where getting the experienced opinion of local air conditioning contractors in Phoenix that sell, service and install these brands is invaluable. Scottsdale Air has been providing exceptional service at surprisingly affordable prices since 1947! We’re here to help—give us a call today to learn more about our quality AC systems.
When you’re in search of the best cooling system for your home call the experts at Scottsdale Air! Our team with help you make the best decision to fit your home and budget! Call 480-359-7141 or send a request for a quote online.
Read related articles:
- Typical Late-Summer Issues with HVAC Systems in Phoenix, AZ
- Why It Is Important To Understand Your HVAC System Design?
- How To Know If A 3.5 Ton HVAC Unit Is Right For My AZ Home