It is said that you can’t find out answers unless you ask a question. But for many home owners, discussing heating service in Ahwatukee with a home heating service repair company is about as much fun as having your teeth pulled. Although that might be an over-exaggeration, the truth is that quite often home owners in Ahwatukee and surrounding communities tend to assume that anybody they hire to inspect their home heating unit will do the job right. That is the case until they have to call them back to fix what they broke the first time.
Avoid This Common Occurrence, here are a few important questions that any home owner should ask when they have heating service performed at their home.
Question #1 – Is your Company Licensed, Insured and Bonded?
According to Angieslist.com, the first question that any home owner should ask any contractor is whether or not they are licensed to perform that line of work in the State they work. You’d be surprised how many contractors in the greater Phoenix metro area don’t take the time to legally protect their customers. This is why the first thing you should ask anybody you intend on hiring to inspect and service your home heating unit is, “Are you licensed in the State of Arizona?” or the County you live.
You should also ask them about their insurance and bonding capabilities before hiring anybody to work on a highly dangerous unit like the home heating system.
Question #2 – What is Involved in The Routine Inspection?
Another important question to ask any service professional is what exactly is provided during their routine heating system inspection and service program. Many companies offer different levels of heating unit service. However, it is recommended that the following heating system services are provided – on a minimum basis to ensure your heating system will be ready to go in winter.
- Calibrating the thermostat– if there’s dirt in the thermostat or the cover gets bumped, the calibration could be affected, meaning your thermostat says a different temperature than it actually is. This could lead to inefficient and more expensive heating.
- Lubricating of all moving parts of the motor – this ensures the entire system operates smooth, reduces friction and actually extends the wear of most major components found in heating systems.
- Checking the electrical connections – you’d be surprised how many heating system issues are simply caused by loose electrical connections. Tightening up anything that’s loose and fixing any voltage problems to ensure it stays safe is our top priority.
- Checking for Carbon Monoxide Gases – being expelled from your heating system. Excess dirt or other malfunctions can create deadly carbon monoxide.
- Checking for fire dangers – The most common sources are gas pressure, heat exchanger, and burner combustion. A contractor will clean the burners and fix any cracked heat exchangers.
- Inspection of flue piping for signs of back-drafting or rust.
- General Inspection of complete operation of the heating unit – after all repair work has been completed, technicians should operate and inspect the heating units to ensure all operations are working as designed.
It is very important that you speak with a reliable provider of heating service in Ahwatukee before trusting them to work on the unit at your home or business. Experienced heating unit repair contractors not only know what to do, but they will comfortably discuss any questions you have to ensure you receive the maximum return on your investment – and that your home will be fully protected and ready to keep you and your family warm during the winter.