We’ve all heard about Wi-Fi programmable thermostats in Scottsdale, but has anyone actually wondered how they work? They seem to be the rage of custom homebuilders and HVAC companies, but quite often, simplicity and factual information, not marketing buzz is the best selling point.
Facts About Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostats Before Investing
Question #1 – What Are The Key Features Of A Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat?
When it comes to the key features, the truth is that Wi-Fi programmable thermostats have tons of bells and whistles. However, many of these options are very good for helping you streamline the way your home HVAC system works. Some of the best features of any Wi-Fi programmable thermostat include:
- You can control them from virtually anywhere. If you have access to a smart phone, tablet or even computer, you can access an online and secure control panel that will connect to your programmable thermostat. This allows you to monitor your home or office temperature and make changes quickly from remote locations to adjust the temperature in order to save money. This is a huge benefit for winter visitors and those that have homes in Arizona but travel frequently.
- They offer flexible programming. Another nice feature of Wi-Fi thermostats is their programming flexibility. You can control different settings by the hour, day, minute, week, month or any other time period you can consider. You can also control different settings for different rooms.
- Auto Alert Feature: When you have your Wi-Fi programmable thermostat connected to your smart phone, you can set it up to send you updates and other reminders. Some of the best updates include letting you know when routine maintenance needs to be scheduled. And again, for those that travel frequently or live elsewhere, this gives you the luxury of scheduling maintenance checks while you’re not even home.
Question #2 – What Type Of Cooling Or Heating Systems Are Compatible With Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostats?
One of the best features of new technology is the flexibility they offer to work with multiple HVAC systems. Most Wi-Fi thermostats work with:
- Central Air Conditioning
- Central Heating
- Heat Pumps
- And more
There are also mobile units that many people living in Scottsdale install inside their RV’s and traveling trailers. As you can see, there are several types of HVAC systems that can be controlled with Wi-Fi programmable thermostats in Scottsdale.
Question #3 – What Can A Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat Do That My Current System Can’t?
Besides the features we’ve posted above, there are a few other items that a programmable Wi-Fi Thermostat can accomplish that other basic units simply can’t, including the following:
- Wi-Fi Thermostats are extremely accurate: One of the best advantages of technology is that everything across the board tends to improve. This is the case with Wi-Fi thermostats, as they are known to monitor all phases of your home comfort system extremely accurately. This allows a homeowner to improve their overall home comfort levels to peak efficiency.
- Most Wi-Fi Thermostats display outdoor conditions: Many Wi-Fi thermostats can communicate with sensors outside to display an accurate reading of the outdoor heat and humidity. This is a nice additional perk if you’ve ever wondered if it was warm or cold outside and didn’t want to poke your head outside the door.
The bottom line is that Wi-Fi programmable thermostats offer homeowners and commercial building owners several benefits and upgrades simply not available with older systems. The best thing to consider is your specific application and whether or not this type of technology is beneficial for you.
Contact Scottsdale Air Heating & Cooling at 480.359.7141 and we will answer your questions about the specific thermostats we sell, install and service.