Like anyone else, ASU students have busy lives. The last thing on their minds is taking care of the air conditioning. But if you take the small steps toward air conditioning service and repair in tempe, you can save headaches, money, and potentially unbearably hot living quarters.
Scottsdale Air Heating and Cooling has been keeping Tempe residents cool for 64 years. If you (or your college kids) live in a frat house or shared house and the AC or heating goes out, everyone who lives there is affected. Nobody wants the AC to go out, especially if you’re busy studying for that big exam.
Even if you didn’t get your air conditioning serviced at the beginning of the hot season, it’s not too late. This is a great time of year to get it taken care of to ensure the final weeks of using your air conditioning are problem-free. Also, contractors aren’t as busy and you can get your heating checked out at the same time.
If you take the steps to get your air conditioning tuned up or serviced, air conditioning outages can be reduced or even avoided altogether. It can also help extend the life of the air conditioner and can lead to savings on your energy bill.
Some of the things to expect during a normal ac maintenance check up include:
- Cleaning of the evaporator and coils. When they get dirty, it makes it harder for the system to run, and the air conditioner tends to run longer. This leads to the system breaking down sooner and increasing your utility bill.
- Checking the ac refrigerant level.
- Clean and adjust blower components. This can make your air conditioning system up to 15 percent more efficient.
- A check of the thermostat. It should work properly to ensure you’re comfortable while you’re at home and is programmed when you’re away for energy efficiency.
- Inspection of the electrical connections. If any are faulty, it can cause the ac system to be unsafe and can reduce the life of components.
- Lubrication of moving parts.
- A look at the condensate drain. Any problems with drainage could lead to water damage and could cause it to be humid indoors.
- A check of the controls to make sure everything is starting, running and turning off when it’s supposed to.
Or perhaps as the summer season is winding down, your air conditioning suddenly goes out, or maybe you notice the indoor temperature isn’t as comfortable as it usually is, or there is a spike in your energy bill. Any of these occurrences could signal it’s time for an air conditioning repair.
So, if you’re a Tempe resident or student and you need air conditioning repair or service, you’ll want a company with a reputation for great customer service, attention to detail, and the ability to answer your every last question.
If your air conditioning unit starts acting up in any way, you’ll want a company you can rely on. Contact Scottsdale Air Heating & Cooling for a service call. We’d love to help! Call (480) 359-7141.