When it comes to the functionality of your Ahwatukee air conditioning system, it is essential that your unit is operating at its full potential during the high demand of the cooling season. With the arrival of spring and warmer weather, it won’t be long before you are depending on your unit for overall home comfort. Unfortunately, your system may not be functioning at its best due to the fact that it has not been used in quite some time. Listed below are a few common air conditioning problems which are easily fixed by a Scottsdale Air technician.
- Clogged air filter: Over time, the air filter in your AC unit can collect dust and dirt which can clog the system causing it to function less than efficiently. As recommended by Energy Star®, it is a good idea to check your filter monthly and change it at least every three months1.
- Low refrigerant levels/refrigerant leaks: If your system has not been fully charged, or if you have a refrigerant leak, your system may have trouble maintaining the temperature you have set on your thermostat. A trained HVAC technician can look for leaks and charge your system to the exact specifications set forth by your equipment manufacturer.
- Drainage problems: The condensate drain can easily become dislodged or clogged creating problems for your unit. One of our knowledgeable technicians can diagnose the problem and take any necessary steps to flush the drain or realign it back into the correct position.
- Electrical/Sensor Problems: Electrical controls for your units fan and compressor, as well as the sensor on your thermostat, can wear out over time causing your system to operate erratically. We can repair or replace any dysfunctional parts to have your system up and running in no time.
- Blocked airflow: A less than efficient system may be caused by something fairly simple. Debris such as leaves, grass, and overgrown shrubbery can block the airflow of your system. Do a simple evaluation of the area immediately surrounding your unit and clear away anything that may be causing a problem.
By filling out a service request form online, or by calling to speak with a specialist directly, we will send a technician to your home or business to assess your unit, diagnose the problem, and make suggestions for an easy fix. It is important to understand that the repairs should be left to a trained specialist and should not be attempted on your own. Ultimately, the best way to prevent a need for Gilbert AC repair services throughout the cooling season is to have routine maintenance performed, at least twice per year. Call us today to inquire about our convenient and affordable maintenance plans or to schedule service for your faulty system.